Arkellia Design is a branch of Arkellia (www.arkellia.com) and was founded by Laetitia Barbu to integrate Collaborative Design into different activities and projects within Arkellia. Within the “Design thinking” approach and particularly “Design Driven Innovation”. “Design-driven innovation” is an approach that describes how to design an innovation that provides the customer with a new meaning.
Arkellia Design est une branche d’Arkellia (www.arkellia.com) et a été fondée par Laetitia Barbu pour intégrer le principe de Conception collaborative dans différentes activités et projets au sein d’Arkellia. Dans le cadre de l’approche dite «Design thinking» et notamment «Design Driven Innovation». «Design Driven Innovation» est une approche qui décrit comment concevoir une innovation qui propose aux consommateurs un sens nouveau.
#EUvsVirus – Kindergarten at home
Arkellia Design took part in #EUvsVirus European Hackathon in April2020!
We have developed a project with Nordic partners, called KINDERGATEN@HOME, in the field of Remote working & Education challenge:
‘Family life during remote working & education’
Under this challenge, we aim at addressing issues related to:
• making a healthy comfortable work environment at home
• lack of meaningful social contacts with peers
• toddlers minding
• preschool children minding
During the Hackathon we have shared insights into the project development.
Illustrious North Nordisk Kulturfond
ILLUSTRIOUS NORTH is a Lab concept that makes use of children illustrators work to rethink the relation between young people and their environments…
- Illustrious North – Nordisk KulturfondLearn more about ILLUSTRIOUS NORTH project, launched in January 2020! ILLUSTRIOUS NORTH is a Lab concept that makes use of children illustrators work to rethink the relation between young people and their environments. It is developed based on concrete needs to foster cross-sector collaboration (bring together the experience from different sectors to identify and analyseContinue reading “Illustrious North – Nordisk Kulturfond”
- Interactive illustrated apron using AR – PARTAGE Geneva food bankWe have worked in 2019 for PARTAGE, la banque alimentaire genevoise, the Geneva Food Bank (Switzerland). A great collaboration for Wear-Abouts Design to educate around food waste and the work of food banks through an interactive illustrated apron using augmented reality and allowing you to visit the hall of the Partage foundation in a newContinue reading “Interactive illustrated apron using AR – PARTAGE Geneva food bank”
- Helsinki Children’s Design Week 2019We are delighted that our workshops designed for schools and children/families, entitled “A secret garden” have been chosen by the Helsinki Children’s Design Week and will be held in September 2019 at the Annantalo house in the heart of Helsinki! This year’s theme is about ‘learning climate’ and the workshops will be held in relationContinue reading “Helsinki Children’s Design Week 2019”
‘Virtual’ Dutch Design Week 2020
Wear-Abouts will be part of the next Dutch Design Week with WORTH Partnership Project in October 2020! This year’s theme is ‘The new intimacy’ and on this occasion we’ll present updated versions of @wear-abouts designs addressing augmented environments and including new partnerships… stay tuned!
IDC – Chasing Play Potentials in Food Culture
We will take part in the next IDC conference (Interaction Design and Children) 2020 edition – Chasing Play Potentials in Food Culture: Embracing Children’s Perspectives. A workshop exploring how food culture and traditions can inspire Interaction Design with and for children.
IDC – Design for the future – Smart toys +++
We will take part in the next IDC conference (Interaction Design and Children) 2020 edition – Smart Toys +++ workshop on the 18th of June and explore further the way quality interactions can be designed for children wearing/using Wear-Abouts products.
Milan Design Week 2020
June 2020 – Wear-Abouts educational garments and accessories presented at the Milan Design Week – Opificio 31!
WORTH WE Valencia 2020
The event will go over two days from the 6th – 7th of March 2020 and is packed full of industry personnel and the new generation of the WORTH community. Range of insightful round table discussions, inspiring lectures and amazing opportunities for networking that brings together all the WORTH stakeholders under one roof.
Helsinki Children’s Design Week 2019
13 – 14 – 15th of March 2019 – The event addresses the theme ‘a secret garden’ in relation with the Annantalo house shared garden and its ecosystem. https://www.helsinkidesignweek.com/events/childrens-weekend-a-secret-garden/